General information and photos about Christmas in Eastern Europe:
- Eastern Europe Christmas Photos
- Information about Eastern Europe Christmas Markets
- Dates and Locations for Christmas Fairs in East Europe--Dates
- Christmas Customs in Eastern Europe
Christmas in LatviaLatvia's Christmas traditions are still closely tied to pagan winter solstice celebrations, and Christmas is celebrated on December 25.
Christmas in LithuaniaLithuanian Christmas traditions are influenced by Lithuania's Roman Catholic heritage. Lithuania celebrates Christmas on December 25.
Christmas in EstoniaEstonians celebrate Christmas on December 25, but the religious significance of this holiday may not be as pronounced in Estonia as it is in neighboring countries.
Christmas in PolandChristmas in Poland is celebrated on December 25th. However, a Christmas Eve feast is traditional on December 24th.
- Poland Christmas Traditions
- Poland Christmas Markets
- Christmas in Krakow
- Pictures of Christmas in Poland
- Polish Christmas Eve Recipes (Barbara Rolek, EastEuropeanFood.about.com)
- Poland's Feast of the Three Kings (Barbara Rolek, EastEuropeanFood.about.com)
Christmas in Czech RepublicChristmas in Czech Republic is celebrated December 25. The Christmas carp is an important Christmas tradition in this country.
Christmas in SlovakiaSlovakia's Christmas traditions vary according to region, but share some similarities with Czech Christmas traditions.
- Slovakia Christmas Traditions
- Bratislava Christmas Market
- Slovak Christmas Eve Supper (Barbara Rolek, EastEuropeanFood.about.com)
Christmas in HungaryChristmas in Hungary is celebrated over a 3-day period, from Christmas Eve (December 24) to December 26.
Christmas in RomaniaRomanian Christmas is closely tied with pagan traditions and involve a Christmas pig slaughter and the singing of Christmas carols.
Christmas in RussiaChristmas is most widely celebrated on January 7 in Russia. Ded Moroz brings presents to children to celebrate the New Year.
Christmas in UkraineUkraine celebrates Christmas on January 7. Christmas Eve, or "Holy Evening" is the most important day associated with the Christmas celebrations in Ukraine.
Christmas in Croatia
Christmas in Serbia
Christmas in SerbiaThe Orthodox tradition has most people in Serbia celebrating Christmas on January 7.
- Serbian Christmas Traditions (Barbara Rolek, EastEuropeanFood.about.com)