Cheap hotels abound in Eastern Europe. Find the best cheap hotel for your needs while staying in the destination city of your choice.
1. Find Cheap Hotels in Eastern Europe - Do Your ResearchLong before deciding on where you'll stay in Eastern Europe, browse the web to get an idea of what hotel rates are available in your destination city. Search for budget hotels, mid-range hotels, and even luxurty hotels. It may be that your budget will allow you to stay in a much nicer hotel at a price you're used to paying for ordinary hotels in your home country.
2. Find Cheap Hotels in Eastern Europe - Book in the Off-SeasonLate spring and autumn are good times to stay in Eastern Europe. The summer months are height of the tourist season, which means almost everything will be more expensive.
3. Find Cheap Hotels in Eastern Europe - Book for Multiple NightsSome hotels offer a discount for guests who stay a certain length of time. Take advantage of any such offers when you make your reservation.
4. Find Cheap Hotels in Eastern Europe - Stay Outside of the City CenterThe most expensive hotels will have convenient, desirable locations. While some cheap hotels can still be found in some city centers (or very nearby), travelers' willingness to stay outside of city centers will often mean considerable savings for lodging.
5. Find Cheap Hotels in Eastern Europe - Book Hotel and Flight TogetherSometimes you can book hotels and flights together, saving a considerable hunk of cash. However, many of these deals are offered only with more expensive hotels, so you'll have to determine if the final price will actually save you money over booking a cheaper hotel separately.
6. Find Cheap Hotels in Eastern Europe - Forego AmenitiesCheap hotels in Eastern Europe won't have many of the amenities that you're probably used to. You'll have to pay more if you want to stay in a hotel with, say, air conditioning. Some of the very cheapest hotels may have shared bathrooms - it's up to you to determine what you're willing to sacrifice in order to save money.
7. Find Cheap Hotels in Eastern Europe - Don't Depend on Online SearchesThere are still many, many hotels in Eastern Europe that don't show up on search engines that help you find accomodations. The well-established, networked hotels that you can depend upon to have representation in every city will, of course, show up in searches. However, these hotels are often the more expensive hotels. You may be able to find cheaper hotels by going to official city sites and calling or emailing hotels personally.