August Weather in Prague
- Average August temperature: 19ºC / 66ºF
- August average high: 23ºC / 73ºF
- August average low: 12ºC / 53ºF
Get more Prague weather information.
What to Pack for Prague in AugustThough summer is relatively warm in Prague, always take a jacket or sweater in case a sudden downpour or cloudy weather makes the air feel chilly. Appropriate walking shoes should always be worn – heels or open toes are impractical for walking Prague's cobblestone pavements.
August Holidays and Events in PraguePrague's Festival of Italian Operas (formerly the Verdi Festival) begins in August and continues through September.
Tips for Travel to Prague in August
- August, as one of Prague's three warmest months, is also a popular time to visit. Plan your trip to Prague carefully to get the most out of your experience.
- Prague pickpockets love crowds, so watch yourself in areas like Charles Bridge and Old Town Square, as well as on public transportation.