October Weather in Prague
- Average October temperature: 9ºC / 49ºF
- October average high: 13ºC / 56ºF
- October average low: 4ºC / 39ºF
What to Pack for Prague in OctoberAutumn breezes can add to the pre-winter nip in the air, so if you're susceptible to chills, bring along accessories that will help you stay warm when you need it but that can also be stuffed into your bag when you don't.
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Clothing that can be layered
October Holidays and Events in PragueOctober 28th, Foundation of the Republic Day, is a nationally recognized Czech holiday.
The International Jazz Festival is held in various venues around Prague and begins late October.
Tips for Travel to Prague in October
- Hours of operation for some Prague sights are shortened in October, and some day trips from Prague become less worthwhile as doors to attractions are shut for the winter or operate on reduced schedules. If you plan to take a day trip from Prague, check ahead of time to make sure that your desired destination will still be open when you plan to visit.